Monday, June 21, 2010

Long lost art of matchbox decor


There's a place in the flat where a decorative matchbox would be right. I don't have the time to make it right now. I hope I will later today though.

As I wrote earlier, I finished Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, and found it packed with wisdom and word-candy. I find his way of expressing himself delicate, and so many of his truths about running to be also what I find to be true of life! I also said I'd share, so here goes (from a paperback with multiple dog-ears and underlinings) :-)

»After that, I didn't have to think anymore. Or, more precisely, there wasn't the need to try to consciously think about not thinking. All I had to do was go with the flow and I'd get there automatically. If I gave myself up to it, some sort of power would naturally push me forward« (p.112)

Did you see Marie-Louises new clogs?? So sweet.
See you soon

1 comment:

  1. I love these! I keep meaning to pick up matchboxes to play with, but forget them in my rush to get through with the grocery shoping.

    ReplyDelete