Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 6th

Creatively hung over
I don't know. I like this daily diary-project -- I really do -- but that's what my blog's about now, and that leaves me a tad regretful. Looking back, the posts before this was more -- well diversified. Is it because I'm posting more often than before, and variety will come? Or is it because it's so dark out, I'm not photographing? I'm not sure. I'm just saying.

In the meantime, I'll remind myself of Smosch, who has a great blog. It has a really nice feel to it -- it's mostly photographs, but also great drawings, some very funny crocheted creatures, and cool links. She made way to Ann Wood (birds and ships you must treat yourself to -- a wonderful artist). Via Ann Wood; While She Naps (stuffed animals) and Tamar Mogendorff (birds).

6 comments:

  1. Blogs are fine, especially for communication if you like feedback, but having something handmade, a record like your enchanting diary, to hold in your hands, finish, save in a drawer, give to your children and grandchildren -- that is something very special and beautiful from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your daily diary posting. I think it's great that you are doing it, and it takes a lot of disciplines to post daily and I totally admire you for that.

    Just don't forget you are doing the blog for yourself's enjoyment; you don't have to feel obligated to post if you don't feel like it. Don't burn youself out and just have fun!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both. What you say is wise and true, and I very much appreciate it.
    I do enjoy it, so very much. Once in a while, I instinctively take a step back, looking at the whole thing. A working habit, I guess;-) In my daily work, I'm used to a batch of healthy self-critisism, and I forget I don't have to here. Apparently it takes some getting used to.
    (I'm not going to post every day. That would burn me out for sure:)

    Thank you so much:) And all the best to you :) --C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jag tycker att det är extra kul att se dina handgjorda bilder!
    Den här sista är ju särskilt bra.
    Och det är kul att du uppdaterar din blog så ofta.
    Lera har ju en sån långsam process så
    efter jul har jag inte hållit på någonting utan bara skrivit om andras grejjer som jag gillar...
    Ha det så bra och KRAM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..wonderful dog... and if he smells the pancakes, maybe you just need a treat! ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you for visiting my art blog.

    Because of your site, and your diary, Christine, last night, I started making an illustrated diary of my own, using a book titled, "The Re-enchantment of Everyday Life" (Thomas Moore). I thought that is a good title for a diary and for creative inspiration.
    I am not so good at the discipline of keeping diaries or fulfilling resolutions, so it is a challenge! But I need creative challenges and inspirations right now.

    Thank you, Debi

    ReplyDelete